Mesh demister, also called gas liquid separator or mist eliminator or Corrugated Packing Demister Pad, is a specially designed device to separate liquid droplet from vapour steams. It is mainly used to separate liquid droplets with diameter of 3μm-5μm and larger in separation towers.
A wire mesh demister, also known as a mist eliminator or a mesh pad, is a specialized device used in various industrial processes to separate and remove liquid droplets or mist from gas streams. It consists of a mesh pad made from woven or knitted wire that allows gas to pass through while capturing and coalescing small liquid particles.
Wire mesh mist eliminator offer several key features that make them valuable components in various industrial processes. Here are some notable features of wire mesh demisters:
1. Efficient Droplet Removal: Wire mesh demisters are designed to effectively remove liquid droplets and mist from gas streams, ensuring that the output gas is significantly drier and free of fine liquid particles.
2. Versatile Application: These demisters find application across a wide range of industries, including refining, petrochemicals, chemical processing, power generation, and air pollution control.
3. Customizable Design: Wire mesh demisters come in various designs, materials, and configurations to suit specific applications and process conditions. Customization allows for optimal performance and compatibility.
4. High Surface Area: The mesh pad in a wire mesh demister is designed to have a large surface area, maximizing the contact between gas and liquid droplets. This promotes efficient coalescence and droplet capture.
5. Corrosion Resistance: Demisters can be constructed from corrosion-resistant materials like stainless steel or specialized alloys, making them suitable for demanding and corrosive environments.
6. Durability: The sturdy construction of wire mesh demisters ensures long-term durability, even in harsh operating conditions.
7. Minimal Pressure Drop: Well-designed demisters offer low pressure drop across the gas stream, minimizing the impact on the overall system's performance.
8. Easy Installation: Wire mesh demisters are relatively easy to install within existing process equipment or pipelines, and they require minimal modifications.
9. Process Optimization: By removing liquid droplets from gas streams, demisters enhance the efficiency and performance of downstream equipment, preventing fouling, erosion, and corrosion.
10. Environmental Compliance: In air pollution control systems, wire mesh demisters aid in meeting emission regulations by removing liquid particles from flue gases before they are released into the environment.
11. Energy Savings: In processes involving heat exchange, such as power generation, demisters contribute to improved efficiency by preventing moisture from interfering with heat transfer mechanisms.
12. Reduced Maintenance: Using demisters can help extend the operational life of downstream equipment by preventing damage caused by corrosive or abrasive liquids.
13. Compatibility: Wire mesh demisters can handle a variety of gas-liquid combinations, accommodating different flow rates and liquid loadings.
14. Cost-Effective: The cost-effectiveness of wire mesh demisters lies in their ability to prevent damage, enhance process efficiency, and reduce the need for frequent maintenance or replacement of downstream equipment.
15. Low Maintenance: These demisters require minimal maintenance, primarily involving occasional inspection and cleaning to ensure optimal performance.
Mesh demister efficiency is preliminary a function of droplets size, wire size, specific surface area of the mesh, pad thickness and physical properties of the system. For a standard specification mesh demister ( wire ø 0.28 mm, density 145 kg/m³, surface area 300 m²/m³ ) removal efficiency is typically 100 % for a droplets 5 μm and greater in diameter. Higher surface area mesh demister 500 m²/ m³ using a reduce wire diameter 0.15mm can be used to improve the removal efficiency.
Mesh demister can be installing either horizontally or vertically. With horizontal gas flow through the demister the capacity is 305 greater than compared to vertical flow, thus the demister can be smaller.
Mesh pads are typically 150mm thick with 25mm thick grids on either side making on overall thickness of 200mm. Many years of experience have shown that a 150 mm pad thickness provide optimum performance in hydrocarbon process with a vertical gas flow configuration.
|Item||Density(kg/m3)||Free Volume(%)||Surface area(m2/m3)||Domestic Model||Other Companies Model|
|Density 80 is suitable for both metal materials and plastic materialsOther models in only suitable for metal materialsWe can provide available in virtually any size or shape, individual styles of PP demister can be supplied to meet specific customer needs.|
The working principle of a wire mesh demister involves the efficient separation of liquid droplets or mist from a gas stream. This process is achieved through the intricate design and mechanics of the wire mesh pad. Here's how the working principle of a wire mesh demister functions:
1. Gas-Liquid Contact: The gas stream, which contains suspended liquid droplets or mist, enters the wire mesh demister.
2. Wire Mesh Pad: Inside the demister, there is a mesh pad made from woven or knitted wires. This mesh pad is designed to have a complex structure with a large surface area, allowing gas to flow through while forcing liquid droplets to interact with the wire surfaces.
3. Coalescence: As the gas passes through the wire mesh pad, the liquid droplets in the gas stream come into contact with the wires. This contact causes the smaller liquid droplets to coalesce or combine into larger droplets.
4. Droplet Capture: The coalesced droplets become too heavy to remain suspended in the gas stream and are unable to pass through the wire mesh. Instead, they adhere to the wire surfaces.
5. Gravity Drainage: The larger droplets that adhere to the wire surfaces start to accumulate and grow in size. Under the influence of gravity, these droplets move down the wire surfaces of the mesh pad.
6. Droplet Removal: The accumulated droplets eventually become large enough to overcome surface tension forces and the drag exerted by the gas flow. They break free from the wire surfaces and drain down, collecting at the bottom of the demister.
7. Clean Gas Exit: The gas, now significantly cleared of liquid droplets, exits the wire mesh demister. The removal of liquid droplets enhances the quality of the gas stream, making it suitable for downstream processes or emission control.
8. Maintenance and Cleaning: Over time, the collected liquid droplets might accumulate at the bottom of the demister. Periodic maintenance involves draining or removing these collected liquids to ensure consistent demister performance.
If the diameter is larger than 500 mm. It will be split into sections in the range of 300 mm to 400 mm
Product Quality Inspection
According to different using condition, it can be divided into upload type and download types
● Upload type. When the opening is located in the above of the demister pad or when there's flange above the demister pad, you should choose the upload demister pad. Diameter of
upload type is ranges from 300 mm to 5200 mm.
● Download type. When the opening is in the below of the demister pad, you should choose the download type demister pad. Diameter of upload type is ranges from 700 mm to 4600 mm.
The standard package of demister pad is wooden case, other package can be customized according to customer’s requirements.
In the desulfurization Tower, fractionating column, absorbing capacity Tower and other chemical equipment as tower internals for mist
or dust separation, to achieve air purification,Flue Gas Desulfurization, Water deputation and other purposes.
In the chemical industry, it is made into a screen demister, screen mist remover, which will eliminate or capture the droplets and droplets
entrained in the gas during catalyst and distillation, evaporation, absorption and other processes.
It is used for physical or mechanical separation of crude oil dehydration, crude oil gas freeing and gas-liquid separation in the process of petroleum smelting;
Separation and filtration devices in the process of light industry manufacturing; And even widely used in the fields of medicine, aerospace, machinery, etc.